Safran's Antiques Interiors & Collectibles
HomestoreSafran's HistoryappraisalsSafran's in the PressContact Safran's

Safran's History

Safran's Antiques was created by Jennie and Joseph Safran in Columbia, South Carolina around 1915. The store was to be eventually run by their son Milton Safran. Safran's Antiques featured fine furniture, art and was among the earliest dealers in this area of the country in oriental carpets. The store was located at 930 Gervais Street in what is now known in Columbia as The Vista.

The business was sold after Milton Safran's death in March 1974 to Mr. Charlton Hall, whose family was a local dealer in farm implements.

Mike Safran began collecting and dealing full time in sports memorabilia in the early 1980s with a specialty in the more unusual items ranging from vintage programs and game used uniforms to NCAA National Champions rings and Super Bowl & World Series rings. Mike's interests over the years have expanded to include vintage movie posters, toys, celebrity and entertainment and political memorabilia as well. In 2002, the Safran sign rose again this time at 1015 Whaley Street with another generation of Safran looking to find that special something for our loyal customers.